I have been involved in numerous environmental research, monitoring, and restoration projects across the American West and beyond. I generally work to solve applied problems surrounding wetland, stream, and floodplain resources. Please see my publications page for deliverables from my current and past projects.
- How are Riparian vegetation guilds distributed across the American West base don streamflow and climate?
- What are the environmental drivers of riparian vegetation across the interior Pacific Northwest?
- Evaluating short-term survival and growth of restored forest species in denuded landscapes and decadal-scale successional dynamics following restoration, North Cascades National Park, WA.
- How quickly does riparian vegetation change following grazing exclusion at Spawn Creek, UT?
- Network models of instream wood dynamics across wadeable streams of the interior Pacific Northwest, ID, WA, OR, MT, USA.
- How do wetland vegetation communities change across hydrologic gradients within Pacific Northwest forested swamps?
- How does forest community assembly and seedling survival change following restoration in early-successional forest ecosystems, North Cascades National Park, WA.
- How do environmental stress and fertilization influence the functional traits and life history strategies of Pacific Northwest wetland Carex species?
- Evaluating novel wet grassland development following landfill reclamation, Union Bay Natural Area, Seattle, WA.
- Restored grassland dynamics following soil amendment, Union Bay Natural Area, Seattle, WA.
- The Stillaguamish Big Trees restoration, Snohomish County, WA.
- Forest restoration at the Snoqualmie Indian Reservation North Bend, WA.